On the way - to "Your first Game Jam"

"At least he tried...."

Here is quick summary of my first "jam" which I found at https://learn.unity.com/tutorial/join-your-first-game-jam and was hosted by Unity.

We were using assets from FPS microgame provided by Unity. It could be found in "learn" tab in Unity hub. Right at the beginning they told it is for "absolute beginners" so I was thinking.., am I absolute beginner? With zero games on my account I would think so. But after a 30 minutes I have resign from the jam because it was not good investment of my precious time since it was really, really for the beginners. Altought I believe some valuable information could be found in the jam I did not want to risk an exchange of my time to find that out.

Anyway I did quick exploration of the microgame scripts and I think this could be use as cool material to learn something new. Too bad I am not particulary intersted in the FPS games, at least not now.

Some usefull hints


  • Go for it if you have like 5 hours of unity behind you. I believe it will be usefull.
  • try to explore the microgame in advance

Time spent on learning [52:43:04] - and guess what?! Those 4 second are especially important!

Comments