On the way - to review work on Survival Shooter with Unity Learn!
"He was not happy how the idea turned out but was trying to find something good about the investment he made. Do you wonder what he invested? Of course his most precious possession - his own time."
I had finished the course for making the Survival shooter held by unity learn. As I wrote before I was not goning to use the assets (models, sounds, animation provided by tutors) from the course nor the idea of the game itself. I just wanted to show how it is done so I could bring to life my own idea.
When sitting on my porcelain throne I was watching video about how to make first game and what to be cautios of. They told here that you should strip out your idea to the very bone of it and focus on this. If it will not be fun, the whole finished game will not be fun. If it will be fun, you can continue.
So I did create the core idea of my game which was "by hitting enemy with proper color you change their color" with a goal to make them white in order to "kill them". You can see the result below.
It does not seem entertaining, right? I also thought it would be better. There were more idea behind but I will try to do as I was told in the video - I will create a game mechanic which is fun even in its stripped form. It is actually one of my boggie mans - that I will not be able to create something unique and funny.
Time spent on learning [29:16:47] - and guess what?! Those 47 second are especially important! To create the ugly think on the video took my ten hours. Not bad, right?
I had finished the course for making the Survival shooter held by unity learn. As I wrote before I was not goning to use the assets (models, sounds, animation provided by tutors) from the course nor the idea of the game itself. I just wanted to show how it is done so I could bring to life my own idea.
When sitting on my porcelain throne I was watching video about how to make first game and what to be cautios of. They told here that you should strip out your idea to the very bone of it and focus on this. If it will not be fun, the whole finished game will not be fun. If it will be fun, you can continue.
So I did create the core idea of my game which was "by hitting enemy with proper color you change their color" with a goal to make them white in order to "kill them". You can see the result below.
It does not seem entertaining, right? I also thought it would be better. There were more idea behind but I will try to do as I was told in the video - I will create a game mechanic which is fun even in its stripped form. It is actually one of my boggie mans - that I will not be able to create something unique and funny.
Time spent on learning [29:16:47] - and guess what?! Those 47 second are especially important! To create the ugly think on the video took my ten hours. Not bad, right?

Comments
Post a Comment