On the way - to ludum dare 46
"He promised to participate in the challenge and so he did because he is a man of his word."
If you remember - the original purpose of this blog was set up right from the beginning. It was in October 2019 I decided to participate in Ludum Dare 2020.
At first I was really in - learning almost each day coding in c#, unity enviroment, drawing, animation. At the december I was pretty worn out and up till march of 2020 I was inactive. But I did not feel good about it. I knew something was wrong. I think I was missing the very essence of every creative person - to actualy create something.
[section of the wise man]
Do not be mistaken - I am sure the pause was very well needed. In the end everything what is
happening to us serve some purpose so it is pointless to bother about the past. In the end everything comes together.
[/section of the wise man]
At 4 p.m. I was wake up again by my all knowing partner. This time she asked me to go to the living room. We have a white board on the wall (I would say the size is 3m x 1.5m). It was filled with ideas for the game and I have to admit they were not bad at all. Maybe if I would combine her ideas with my idea it would be not only inovative (as the review for my game says) but also fun (which review told the game is not at all). Anyway, I went back to sleep again only to woke up hour later.
After a quick morning I made a decision about the cycle of the work for LD46. It was cycle of 2 hours of work and 30 minutes of The last airbender with my all knowing partner to chill a bit. In overall I was programming around 24:53:47 .., and you know how it is those 47 seconds were especialy important! No, really, I was submiting the game two minutes before deadline because the build for web did not work in new version of unity so I had to do downgrade and then I had a problem with uploading the source code to git, etc.., etc.., nothing what is not going to happen next time.
Was it all worht it?....
.........
.........
.........
Hell yes I loved it. :)
You can check the entry here if you care: https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/46/dicelem-rise-of-the-golem-v0-9-0-demoversion
If you remember - the original purpose of this blog was set up right from the beginning. It was in October 2019 I decided to participate in Ludum Dare 2020.
At first I was really in - learning almost each day coding in c#, unity enviroment, drawing, animation. At the december I was pretty worn out and up till march of 2020 I was inactive. But I did not feel good about it. I knew something was wrong. I think I was missing the very essence of every creative person - to actualy create something.
[section of the wise man]
Do not be mistaken - I am sure the pause was very well needed. In the end everything what is
happening to us serve some purpose so it is pointless to bother about the past. In the end everything comes together.
[/section of the wise man]
Ludum dare 46
The topic of the Ludum dare 46 was "Keep It alive". First idea for the game came in dream because I was wake up by my all knowing partner at 3 p.m. to be told the topic of the Ludum Dare. (3 p.m. was the official start of the jam for our time zone). After being woke up I went back to sleep because I did not feel to be ready to do anything and as I already had the theme in the head the sleeping powerfull mind did its work and delivered me idea for the core mechanics in dreams.At 4 p.m. I was wake up again by my all knowing partner. This time she asked me to go to the living room. We have a white board on the wall (I would say the size is 3m x 1.5m). It was filled with ideas for the game and I have to admit they were not bad at all. Maybe if I would combine her ideas with my idea it would be not only inovative (as the review for my game says) but also fun (which review told the game is not at all). Anyway, I went back to sleep again only to woke up hour later.
After a quick morning I made a decision about the cycle of the work for LD46. It was cycle of 2 hours of work and 30 minutes of The last airbender with my all knowing partner to chill a bit. In overall I was programming around 24:53:47 .., and you know how it is those 47 seconds were especialy important! No, really, I was submiting the game two minutes before deadline because the build for web did not work in new version of unity so I had to do downgrade and then I had a problem with uploading the source code to git, etc.., etc.., nothing what is not going to happen next time.
Was it all worht it?....
.........
.........
.........
Hell yes I loved it. :)
You can check the entry here if you care: https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/46/dicelem-rise-of-the-golem-v0-9-0-demoversion

Comments
Post a Comment