On the way - to prepare for the battle!



I was at the shop thinking about my future and hobbies and how does come all together when I realized the ludum dare is coming and I am not sure if I am prepared. Te be honest after the inscape part I was not so sure I am going to participate at all.

Then the light ascended from the heaven, birds were singing between section with vegetables and pasta, cold wind was blowing from the section with milk products and then I saw it all - I am going to participate at the end! But in order to participate I have to first defeat my last arch enemy - the graphic.

Fierce battle with the graphic side of the game

First of all I had to remove the block from my head. So I made a decision to just create something without thinking how does it look like. I have lamp next to my monitor so I started with the lamp. You can see the result at the picture no. 1 below.


pic. 1 - library lamp at my desk



Anyway it was better then I expected and even more fun. I do not remember how it happened but I bought course on udemy (here: ) and made another progress - namely the main menu and heads up display. To be sure I know the fundamentals of UI i took the course at pluralsight unity 2018 - UI fundamentals.

pic. 2 - menu

pic.3 - hud elements


Cutscenes&Music

The next game I have in my head require  usage of cut scenes so I decided to test it on this humble project. As usual the knowledge did not come to my head from the ancian astronauts as did probably happen with the Nicola Tesla but rather from the course again on my favorite pluralsight (here: ) Because the game is simple as it can be I was doing only the opening scene.

And since the music gives the soul to the universe, wings to mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. I did not create the music at all. It was made by my friend @Kadman but I did incorporate it into game. To be sure I know the fundamentals of the audio in unity.., hold your breath.., i did take a course on pluralsight (here: )



Bugs

I hate bugs. At home when I see one I am like "*uuuguuuraaah* where do I have the bazooka" but my all knowing partner is kind of opposite - she needs to save them all. Thats why we have 4 cats at home and spider in every corner. I am not kidding. It is not funny.

Anyway - there are two bugs in the game. One is quite common and it happens when other enemies are alarmed. I noticed when I was uploding the video, so there was no space for trying to kill this one.

And the second one I tried to kill but it was hard to catch since it show up only rarely. I have a hint what could it be but I was too lazy to spend next 10 minutes trying to raise it again. Next time I will prepare proper debuging.

Anyway, let me know if you spot the bugs!

Summary
I made a decision to release version v0.9.0 and to realase it I decided to use simmer.io since it is so simple to use in case you are developing in unity. Enjoy!

Time spent on learning [130:01:27] - and guess what?! Every second is important!



















Comments