"Then Robin said "let's there be a model"; and there was a model. Robin saw the model, that it was good; and Robin divided the model from sketch. Robin called the model Ship and the sketch Idea. So the Idea and Model were at first 6 hours." (OnTheWay 1:3-5)
Since I have noticed that desing is doing so much the decision about to take the course of modeling in Blender was made. I took this
course since it looked like the best choice for the total beginner and in description it provided every keyword I was looking for.
I am going to split it into two parts because it is quite huge course and I would like to try prepare my own model for my first game before moving to rigging, animations so on.
Review of section 1. - 8.
I have to admit it was hard. I have a quick fingers so It took me a lot of time switch this habit of running with fingers around the keyboard with a habbit of being patient and precise in what I do. After six hours of doing model in Blender I wanted to give up, because I was not able to finish the cockpit as I was suppost to. But then I looked on my beloved all knowing partner I asked my self
"Does this beautiful woman deserve a quitter as her partner?". Hell no, so I finished the god damn cockpit.
(pic. 1)
 |
| pic.1 - cockpit |
After another 3 hours I was able to finish the model. Altought I have to admit my patience with subdivison (aka making it less poly like) was not big enough. I did not spend much time on that since it just a tutorial. Anyway any resemblance of any part of the ship (
pic. 2) with a dick is work of pure accident and was not ment to offend anyone. Guess I will call it a Star-D ship fron now on.
 |
| pic 2. - whole ship |
Next hours were spend to prepare UV maps. I have to be honest again I did create UV map for each part of the drone - some were good, some were awfuly bad. It was mostly because in section when we were creating the parts of the dron I messed up extrusion and learned way too late that I had been using it wrong. On the picture number 3 you can see the chess (called checker) texture which is the result of how texture is mapped to UV map. The pieces of chess texture should be uniformed if everything is ok. Do not spend much time on it because you will have to upload tutor model in the next section anyway (since his texture were created using his UV maps).
 |
| pic 2. - texturing the ship |
And after that of course - final textures using the shaders. Nothing much to write here - textures were prepared by the tutor in application not known to me (substance painter?) and you have to buy a licence to use it, meh. And about the shaders? Well, I try to avoid it for now - not only because it makes me remember bachelor thesis therefore my failure with univeristy (poor me) but also because it is an advance topic.
 |
| pic 3. - model with textures |
Time spent on learning [66:30:33] - and guess what?! Those 33 seconds are especially important!
Comments
Post a Comment